Thursday, October 6, 2011
A Tale of Two Cities
This book is by Charles Dickens and I really like his books because he makes his books take place in the past and when describes the characters or the place it sounds like your actually there or with the person. The two cities are in england and France and in this time period France still doesn't England, but they don't fight each other. And in chapter two one part is when a coachman and man named Joe were riding on there horses to this house and then they found a box in the house. The coachman went outside and Joe stayed inside looking around. Then the coachman yelled to Joe watching the box and yelled to him in a warning voice "Tst. Joe." Then after he yelled at him a horse was running towards them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Charles Dickens published books in serial form - meaning he published a chapter or two at a time in a literary magazine. This one was no exception. AND it has one of the most famous opening lines in all book-dom: "It was the best of times: it was the worst of times." So cool.
ReplyDeleteI remember reading this and Victor Hugo's Les Miserables in high school - they both are fictional accounts of the French Revolution and I do remember liking the Dickens' book more. I hope that you continue to enjoy it. Do you generally like historical fiction? If you do, I have some really good book suggestions for you.
This seems like a very interesting book. From the way you describe it I really now want to read it!!!
ReplyDelete